The information below sets out how we will process personal data that we collect from you or about you, or which you provide to us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation EU2016/679, the Data Controller is Top Move Limited T/as Let’s Move Sales and Lettings, a company registered in England under company number 6914093, the registered address is Unit 11, Queniborough Industrial Estate, 1489 Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicester, LE7 3FP.
Why we collect your data
The information we hold about you allows us to provide a service to you in respect of our business of property sales and lettings.
What type of data will we collect from you?
- Your full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address)
- Information to confirm your identity – we are required under Anti Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act to collect this information to comply with the law. This will include photographic identification and proof of address. We may also require a copy of your bank statements to prove your identification
- We are required to confirm conflict of interests under regulatory obligations, we will therefore require information on your close connections
- We will require your banking details in relation to a tenancy and also to set up a deposit protection account
- With regard to marketing we will require information on your preferences and suitability which may include details of your health and any disabilities
- We will require a copy of your bank statements as proof of funds and credit worthiness in relation to a tenancies and property purchases
- Email, telephone and written correspondence/communications which is created when you contact us with an enquiry or regarding an on-going service that we provide to you
- We may collect bank details and card details for the purpose of payments and refunds. Card details are processed by take payments powered by Barclaycard and are not retained or stored by us
We are required to collect personal data by law e.g. under the Anti Money Laundering Regulations and Immigration laws, should you fail to provide the data when requested, you should be aware that we may not be able to continue with our services or enter into a contract with you. In this case we may have to cancel a service we provide to you. We will notify you of this at the time.
How we collect your data
We collect data when you contact us by way of enquiry – all the data taken is/was necessary for us to provide a service to you in respect of our business. We will explain this to you and also ask for your consent for this data to be taken.
Data Processing – on what basis can we process your data?
We are required by law to process your personal data under data protection legislation, the legal grounds are as follows:
- For the purpose of a contract to which you are a party of to enable us to provide you with products or services
- Where you have given us your explicit consent for the purpose of receiving electronic marketing information from you, where we receive your data under lawful grounds, as above.
- Under our legitimate interests which may be necessary to better understand our customers interests and knowledge of the property market, however, we shall take into account the rights of freedoms of affected individuals (you – the client) considering a number of factors such as what you were told when the data was collected and your expectations regarding the processing of your data, the nature of the data and the impact it may have upon you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- To protect your interests (or someone else’s) should it be required in respect of public interest or for official purpose; e.g. by the Police
How will we use your information?
We will hold and use your personal data and information as follows:
- To enable us to provide you with a product or service and to fulfil our obligations
- We will share your information with third parties where necessary to enable us to carry out our property services to you, for example with a contractor should a tenant have a maintenance issue. We may also share your data with utility companies with regard to energy supply and meter readings
- To comply with our statutory and legal obligations which will include verification of your identity in relation to prevention of money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness
- To enable us to contact you whilst we are providing a service to you to assist with your enquiries and requests
- For analytical purposes in relation to our forward business planning
- To enable third parties to provide a service to you with your consent, you may unsubscribe at any time, for example a Solicitor, Mortgage Broker or Insurance company
- To enable us to notify you of any changes to our service
How long we keep your data
The service that you have chosen us to provide to you will determine the period for which we hold your data. We review our data storage regularly, however, we may be required to hold your data for longer than we need to due to regulatory or statutory obligations. We may also need to retain your data in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
How we share your data and who we share it with
We will only share your data with a third party when it is necessary for the purpose of your contract with us. However, we may be required to share your data under our statutory and legal obligations.
- We will pass your details onto the following organisations (our data processors) who at our request provide will a service to us for the purpose of our business relationship with you; Agentpro property software, Property Software Solutions, Rightmove, On the Market and Credit Safe
- Your solicitors and those of the other parties in your transaction
- Third parties: in the event that we sell our business or assets your personal data will be provided to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or its assets. This data will therefore will be deemed a transferred asset
- Under a duty to disclose your data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect the rights, property, safety of our company or others. This includes the prevention of fraud and credit risk reduction
- Payment details are processed to complete a payment in relation to your contract. These payment details are not stored by us; they are used by our card merchant provider (take payments powered by Barclaycard) to process the transaction only.
How secure is your data?
- Your data is held on secure servers within the EEA (European Economic Area) we have taken all reasonable and technological measures to safeguard your data from unauthorised access.
What are your rights to access or remove your data ?
You may exercise your rights to request a copy of your personal information that we hold about you, this is known as a data subject access request (DSAR). You may also request for your information that we hold about you to be updated or removed if you consider this to be incorrect. Enquiries should be made to email@example.com or to The Data Protection Officer, Unit 11, Queniborough Industrial Estate, 1489 Melton Road Queniborough, Leicester, LE7 3FP. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for your data to be erased or removed due to a legal reason, this will be notified to you at the time of your request for removal of your data.
Withdrawal of consent to data processing
You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please, however, be aware that any lawful processing of your data prior to your consent being removed will not be affected. Should you wish to withdraw your consent please email firstname.lastname@example.org or put your request in writing to The Data Protection Officer, Unit 11, Queniborough Industrial Estate, 1489 Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicester, LE7 3FP.
Your right to restrict or object to your data being used by us
You may ask us to suspend how we are using your data and information, or object to us processing your data where we have a legitimate right to share your date e.g. with a third party if you feel this affects your fundamental rights or freedom, or where we process your data for marketing purposes. We may object to this should we demonstrate that we have sufficient legitimate grounds for your information to be shared which override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We may ask for consent to send you occasional marketing messages, using email or text messages. You will have the right to opt out of any message you receive with a clear unsubscribe link. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com to request being removed from such marketing messages. You may continue to receive messages in relation to any transactions with us such as booking confirmations, reminders or receipts.
We will not share your information with third parties for the purpose of marketing without your prior consent.
Website Cookies and links
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information may only be processed in a way which does not identify an individual to allow us to make sure our website is serving our customers needs. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We will only collect data that is necessary for us to provide a service to you. We are respectful of your data and take the appropriate steps to protect it.
Data Protection Officer
You may contact us about our processing of data via email; firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to The Data Protection Officer, Let’s Move, Unit 11, Queniborough Industrial Estate, 1489 Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicester, LE7 3FP.
More information on GDPR can be found here https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
All information contained within our website is, to the best of our knowledge, correct at the time of inclusion. The website is regularly checked and updated, however Let’s Move cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience which may arise from the use of the information provided.
Links are provided to external third- party sites that Let’s Move considers may be of additional benefit and interest to site visitors. We do not however endorse the information, products or services offered by these sites and the businesses operating them. Similarly, we do not carry out ongoing quality control of these sites and cannot accept responsibility for any actions arising from their use or for the content of further links leading from them.
We are not responsible for the content of websites linked to or from our websites.
We accept payments via bank transfer, standing order, card in store or over the phone, take payments powered by Barclaycard online, and take payments powered by Barclaycard pay by link or cash.
Where refunds are sought; you must contact our head office via email at email@example.com. Please note refunds are not guaranteed and will be adjudged on each individual case. Please note refunds may not necessarily be paid back via the method you made payment with.